Freeze on Lid close

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 3 01:25:41 UTC 2008

hirantha wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> hirantha wrote:
>>> I'm having a laptop HP Compaq 6710b running on Fedora 8 with the
>>> latest updates. I have an issue that when I press the lid button, the
>>> Laptop get freeze and the possible way is to recover -- hard power

What are you expecting the machine to do when you close the lid ?

On my HP nx6320, Fedora defaults to doing a suspend on lid close. Since
suspend/resume has not been working reliably over time {and I can't
afford to lose information}, I turn this off:

system|preferences|system|power management
   [gnome-power-preferences]

on ac power     |actions|when laptop lid is closed=blank screen
on battery power|actions|when laptop lid is closed=blank screen

DaveT.