Graphics tablets and Fedora 8

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Feb 4 10:03:57 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 13:44 -0500, David Kramer wrote:
> I found switching to a trackball helped my RSI a lot.  But the biggest
> improvement came the hardest.  I learned to mouse with either hand,
> and I would switch off as one would get worse.

I wonder if this really is an improvement?  The long term consequences
make me think of footballers who play through with an injury, and make
things worse, sometimes never recovering.

I know if I wear out one hand to the point of pain doing things like
sawing, filing, sanding, scrubbing, etc., and start switching hands, I
end up with two very painful hands.  And it's only a few switches before
you end up swapping hands every 30 seconds or so.

Computer input devices (mice, keyboards, trackpads, etc.), seem to be
some of the most badly designed and awful tools to have to use.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.