1400x1050 with fglrx

William John Murray W.J.Murray at rl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 14:12:22 UTC 2008

> Hello.  Has anyone been successful in getting fglrx to work at
> 1400x1050?  I have a lenovo t60, and I can only get 1400x1050 with the
> vesa driver.  fglrx will only do 1280x1024 regardless of what the
> Modes
> line in xorg.conf says...

   Yes!!
    It has been broken for a while, but livna have the 8.1 fglrx driver
rpms out today, and 1400x1050 is back, at least on Dell. There is a note
in ATI/AMD's release notes to the effect it is a fixed bug.

There are still no desktop effects. Does anyone know about that?
If I type:
compiz-manager
I get:
 Checking for Xgl: not present.
No whitelisted driver found
aborting and using fallback: /usr/bin/metacity
Odd - I expected aiglx. I change compiz-manager to whitelist "fglrx",
but get:

   Checking for Xgl: not present.
Detected PCI ID for VGA: 01:00.0 0300: 1002:7183 (prog-if 00 [VGA
controller])
Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
Trying again with indirect rendering:
Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
aborting and using fallback: /usr/bin/metacity

Which is strange, because:
glxinfo | grep pixma
    GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
    GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap

  Any ideas anyone?

     Bill