Radio streaming

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Feb 4 16:34:14 UTC 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008 15:49, arunbkn at aol.in wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Recently I have shift from win to fedora. I am trying to listen few of my
> favourates Internet radio stations, but unfortunatly most of them are using
> MS friendly versions. can any body help me to configure mplayer of Rhythm
> box to run .asx, .m3u files from following sites :
>
> http://www.tarana.co.nz/
> http://www.madhursangeet.com/MSP/
> http://radio.bollywood.mu/
> etc.
>
> Arun

Hi Arun. Which version of Fedora are you using?

I normally play these streams using Firefox, for which you will need to
install some plugins, mainly mplayerplug-in, and realplayer for linux.

The first and third sites run ok using mplayerplug-in, and the second site
works ok when realplayer is selected on the webpage (tested on FC2).

For RealPlayer:  http://www.real.com/linux/
Post back for install advice if you're not sure.

For mplayerplug-in, use either the Livna, or Freshrpms repo. Instructions are
on the sites for installing the repo, then you can use Yum to install
mplayerplugin, which will pull in some deps, including mplayer if you don't
already have it installed.

http://rpm.livna.org/
http://werewolf.freshrpms.net   (that's for F8)

All the best.