weird X-server problem

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Tue Feb 5 08:35:14 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I'm experiencing problems with the X-server on one (only One!!) of my
machines (all with different hardware)
What I see:
   -Most programs display OK.
   -Supertux in full-screen displays with an offset to the right of +/- a
      quarter of the screen for some users or does not work for at all for
      others
   -lbreakout2 (from freshrpm) hangs for the same users not able to run
      supertux in full-screen mode after quiting. For the others it works
      OK. For newly created users it does hang.
   -Some programs I run on a OpenVMS system and displaying on this linux
      machine crash. Analyzing the problem leads to the fact that the programs
      get unexpected events.
   -I experience the problem both running gnome and kde

The hardware :
   -Asus P4P800 Mobo
   -Asus graphics board with Geforce FX chip
   -1Gb Ram

Software :
   -F8 (fresh installed + updates)
   -Nvidia driver from livna

I suspect some configuration problem, but I cannot find anything different
from my other machines.
Can anyone give me some advise please, to get some clue to pinpoint the
problem and hopefully solve it.

	Thanks
	            Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd