LD_LIBRARY_PATH unset in KDE

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Tue Feb 5 17:25:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 09:46 -0500, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> What is unsetting LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my KDE session?

The login manager, I believe.

Leaving LD_LIBRARY_PATH uncleared is considered a security issue.

For lots more information and discussion of workarounds, google
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Don't bother asking to have this "fixed".  I already
did long ago (when I was a naive newbie 8^)) and the answer was a firm
and resounding No.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Mathematical Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs