x264 RPM installed/not installed

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 00:08:47 UTC 2008

> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:05:16 +0100
> From: mschwendt at gmail.com
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Subject: Re: x264 RPM installed/not installed

>>> In the list archives, Jan 29th, subject "‎libx264.so.56, where art
>>> thou?" explains in what way livna and freshrpms conflict with regard
>>> to the x264 package.
>>>

>> Ok - thanks for the info, but is there no way to rectify the problem? A workaround even?
>
> It should be obvious if you understand the x264 problem and yum's
> error messages. Judging from your original message I think you
> misunderstand the problem. One work-around is to use either livna or
> freshrpms and keep that choice as long as the x264 packages are
> incompatible. Don't try to play tricks with --disablerepo= and
> --enablerepo= either. mencoder and mplayer are found at livna, too.
>
> --

Ok, I understand that, but the thing is that the updates just completed are from livna, so that includes mencoder and mplayer. And as I mentioned after uninstalling x264 with yum the livna package was installed for x264 so this should have solved the problem shouldn't it? So when I go checking to see what is installed via cmd yum I should see livna x264 installed shouldn't I? So why do I see the freshrpms one instead? Especially seeing as I uninstalled it!

I'll keep working on it - your info will help with this - and I'll post back a solution when I work it out.

Cheers
Your Future Starts Here. Dream it? Then be it! Find it at www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_Future&_m=EXT