[F8] qemu-kvm non-us keymap

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:48:20 UTC 2008

2008/2/6 Zacharie Elcor <zelcor at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to run a virtual machine with qemu-kvm.
> This works fine except for one point : I need a french keymap and I can't
> find where it could be configured.
> libvirt-manager has no configuration parameter for that.
>  libvirt XML file format ( http://libvirt.org/format.html ) does not seem to
> allow such a parameter.
> I use vncviewer to connect to my virtual machine.

Here is how I configured my xorg.conf for my DOM-U
I just added US keyboard in the list!

Regards

Section "Module"

  Load "vnc"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"

        # Their is a probleme when connection from windows
        # The keybor dont match, But this work if X use a us keyboard
        # Then the idea of switching the keyboard ! You dont need
        # just define 2 keyboard :-) This works
        Option      "XkbLayout" "be, us"
        # This is not required but this is nice :-)
        # Alt-L & Alt-R switch the keyboard and Toggle the scroll led
        Option      "XkbOptions" "grp:alts_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection

Section "Screen"

  # Option "passwordFile" "/root/.vnc/passwd"
  # Or if you prefer without password
  Option     "SecurityTypes"    "None"

EndSection

> Thanks for any clue.