mode problem with k3b?

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 21:45:01 UTC 2008

On a FC7 box, I have some files, all with permissions 0400.
Using k3b, I burned an iso9660 CD.  Now I:

   mount -t iso9660 -o mode=0400 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
   ls -l /mnt/cdrom/*

All files have permission 0444.

Next I copy the files to a Win2k box using samba. On the
Win2k box, I use Roxio to create an iso9660 CD.  Now
back on the FC7 box, the same mount and ls result in:

All files have permission 0400.

The latter result is required.  Am I stuck with Win2k? :(

(BTW, I have yet to try the suggestions on the "Burn CD
from Command Line" thread.  Do you think things will be
better?)

Thanks for your comments.
Mike.