FC 8 re-install

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 7 02:03:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 17:46 -0500, Terry - Fedora Core wrote:
> This reminded me of FC 5 - I had to install FC 5 3 or 4 times to get a
> good installation or at least a workable installation. On FC 5 I ended
> up doing 95% of new program installs and upgrades from source because
> the rpm program continually corrupted its own database.

I can't say that I experienced anything like that.  No problems with
installing FC5, and I've never had RPM corrupting its own database
(right back as far as playing with Red Hat Linux 6.0).

Your woes (the above, and the rest of your message) smack of hardware
problems - something specific to your machine (it's faulty, or just a
compatibility issue).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.