Fedora 9 Alpha alpha reviews?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 8 11:33:51 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:

> Since F7 Fedora boots up really fast... so I guess that speed
> improvement will not be that much improved comparing F8 to F9 as it
> was FC6 to F7. But all improvements in init process are of course
> welcome.

The need to change init systems is not about boot speed as such but
several other considerations. Not to say that boot speed won't improve
but don't expect too much differences alteast in initial revisions. In
Fedora 9, the plan is to run it under sysv compatibility mode by default
to smoothen integration.

Rahul