bootchart confuses me more...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 9 06:38:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 19:51 -0800, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> Meanwhile, you have 3 other big sleeps:
> * ifup-eth (network card acquiring info from DHCP)
> * ntpdate (time sync with network)
> * S99local/sleep (not sure what that is)
>
> If you get rid of these, you'll shave off ~12 seconds from your boot
> time ;)

If you still want NTP, there are things you can change in the config to
speed up its syncing (e.g. using IPs instead of names), or you can have
the daemon start up post-boot (if you don't need such time precision in
your logs as Fedora boots).

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386