argh -- can't get wireless in someone else's house

inforainbow at infinito.it inforainbow at infinito.it
Sat Feb 9 18:28:54 UTC 2008

For my experience is not a router problem nor a wireless
card problem.iwconfig has nothing to do with this issue
you can use how many parameter and the order you want.

The problem can be focused on which firmware uses the
wireless card driver or on which version of dhclient is
used on the machine.

I've experienced this problem with Ubuntu 7.10.
Ubuntu 5.10 works perfectly on the same machine inclusive
wireless.

I cant start Fedora since version 7 because it crashes due
to the version of xorg used.

Newer Linux doesn't mean better but worst for older
machines.

Bye

Yoghi