Openoffice icons on panel question.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 10 00:16:47 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 03:20 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >  I had to install using the Live CD. Instead of
> > the Open office stuff being in separate icons on the upper panel, they
> > are all submenus under a single icon. Is this normal?
>
> Not sure what you mean. Live CD's dont have Openoffice.org in them. Did
> you install them seperately? If so they will appear in the Office menu
> and that is normal. If you are talking about something else, posting a
> screenshot would be helpful.
>
> Rahul

You are right, Openoffice is not installed from Live CD.
So I installed it office applications as a groupinstall.
All the Openoffice programs were installed but no icons for them
appeared on the upper panel.

So I wanted to have them available on the upper panel. I went to add to
Panel and chose: Application Launcher. The individual Openoffice
programs do not appear but the relevant choice is Office.

What you get is a single icon with submenus including Openoffice
programs, abiword, etc,. I was just wondering is you install from the
DVD whether you get the usual three icons on thee upper panel for the
Word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation.

Sometimes love ain't nothing but a misunderstanding between two fools.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: Konstam at scalable.net