how would you backup 1TB of data to dvds?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sun Feb 10 00:34:21 UTC 2008

On Saturday 09 February 2008, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> How would you backup [50GB] of data in a server with 4x 250GB drives all
> mounted as separate mount points to a set of dvds using tools
> available in fedora, centos or rhel?

I can't believe the arrogance of some on the list.  You asked a specific
question, and people questioned your question.  Yuck.

In any case, check out scdbackup (
http://scdbackup.webframe.org/main_eng.html )
and see if it does what you want.  Looks like you will need to build from
source as I didn't find an F8 RPM; but, then again, I didn't search too hard,
either.

Really people, why not try answering people's questions?  He wants to backup
to DVD; while that might not be the best backup solution it is what he wants
to use. It appears that scdbackup is the tool of choice for this sort of
thing.  If he had wanted to know about or have a discussion about backup best
practices, he would have asked that question instead.
--
Lamar Owen
www.pari.edu