Tracking the sound problem.

dexter dex.mbox at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 10 15:00:23 UTC 2008

On Sun February 10 2008 14:36:55 Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 07:05 +0000, dexter wrote:
> > Well your sound is broken, :-)
> > No seriously do you have any references to sound modules in
> > modprobe.conf?,
> > have you tried running the sound card configurator
> > system-config-soundcard?,
> > pulseaudio & kde has never worked for me anywhere so I'd avoid that.
> > try this
> > if you have sdl  $ mplayer -ao sdl mms://ac1.streaming.net.nz/tarana1
>
> The above line gives the same errors line without the -ao sdl
> But what is sdl?
Did you get sound ?

$ rpm -qi SDL
Name        : SDL                          Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.2.12                            Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 1.fc7                         Build Date: Mon 27 Aug 2007
17:48:29 BST
Install Date: Sat 01 Sep 2007 20:57:05 BST      Build Host:
xenbuilder4.fedora.phx.redhat.com
Group       : System Environment/Libraries   Source RPM:
SDL-1.2.12-1.fc7.src.rpm
Size        : 486279                           License: LGPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 28 Aug 2007 19:06:20 BST, Key ID da84cbd430c9ecf8
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://www.libsdl.org/
Summary     : A cross-platform multimedia library
Description :
Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) is a cross-platform multimedia library
designed to provide fast access to the graphics frame buffer and audio
device.

...dex