Sound output across the network possibility

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Sun Feb 10 16:47:19 UTC 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008, Stewart Williams wrote:

> > Easiest way is to hook a cable from the output of computer B and put it
> > in the input (Mic) jack of computer A. :-) I've done that before. Of
> > course, if they are really not even in the same room, that's not going to
> > be practical. However, if they are sitting right next to each other,
> > that's the easiest way to accomplish it.
>
> They are right next to each other, however the mic on my headset plugs
> into the mic jack :-(

Easy enough to fix... get a 2>1 1/8" adapter. :-) Go down to Radio Shack (I
know... they're kind of expensive, but they're convenient and about the only
place you can *easily* find this sort of stuff) and explain what you're
trying to do. They'll probably have the the correct "splitter" in stock and
will be able to put it in your hands for $10 or less, including the cable to
go from PC A to PC B. :-)