LVM and grub

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Feb 11 14:54:29 UTC 2008

I set up an LVM partitioning scheme on one computer,
with /boot on /dev/sda3 outside LVM .
But grub could not access / because LVM was not activated.
This made me wonder:

1. Is there any way of asking grub to activate LVM
(eg run "vchange -a y") before it looks for the / partition?

2. Is there any argument one could add to the kernel line
to the same effect?

In the end I deleted the LVM, and used ordinary partitions,
so the question is purely academic.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366