f8 and ddclient[SOLVED] more questions

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Feb 12 11:17:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 08:34 +0100, François Patte wrote:
> 1- ddclient is running as ddclient, group ddclient; so I have this
> message in the logs:
>
> WARNING:  Cannot create file '/var/run/ddclient.pid'. (Permission non
> accordée)
>

> How can I change the ownership of the process from "ddclient" to
> "root"?

Not sure on the ownership part, but what might help is in your config
try /var/run/ddclient/ddclient.pid as you left out the ddclient
sub-folder and that might let it get created?

I guess you could just go to /var/run and do below if that will help..

If there is no .pid file, create one and leave it empty first? then try
below...

chown ddclient.ddclient ddclient.pid

--
Mike Chambers