USB stick

Tom Holroyd tomh at kurage.nimh.nih.gov
Tue Feb 12 19:02:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 10:25 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> I believe the message is generated when HAL tries to run as a user
> other then the one that "owns" the console.

Hmm. Hal is running as user 68 (haldaemon). hald-runner and hald-addon-
storage: polling /dev/sr0 (every 2 sec) are running as root.

> You should not need to edit anything, unless you have an entry in
> /etc/fstab for the USB stick.

I don't.

>  This would prevent HAL from
> auto-mounting it. You can check /var/log/messages to see if there
> are more details about why it failed.

/var/log/messages shows the device coming up as sdb1, and everything's
fine there, just hal can't mount it. Do I need to give hal some
permisions somehow? I have selinux disabled.

> Mikkel
> --

Dr. Tom
--
He has subdued monsters, he has solved enigmas. But he should also
redeem his monsters and enigmas; into heavenly children should he