List stats redone

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Feb 13 03:03:10 UTC 2008

Aldo Foot wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2008 1:20 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 22:44 -0600, Thomas Cameron wrote:
>>
>>> Mikkel L. Ellertson pointed out a stupid typo in my script that was
>>> screwing up my numbers pretty badly.  Many thanks.
>>>
>>> It's been fixed, and the posting statistics are much more accurate.
>>> Please see http://www.camerontech.com/fedora-list-stats/ for the current
>>> month's output.
>>>
>>> If this is useful and correct, I will set up a cron job which mails this
>>> info to the list once a {day|week|month}, whatever y'all think is
>>> appropriate.  I will pull it down from the web site unless folks think
>>> it's a good thing to have there.
>>>
>> I can't understand why anyone whose postings to the list displays their
>> e-mail address should complain that your list includes e-amil
>> addresses.
>> --
>> Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>
>>

>> --
>>

> Is like having a cell phone. I don't give out my number to everyone just
> because I have it. A list nicely put together just makes it easy for someone
> to harvest it.

Not sure if this is necessary or not...but....

<sarcasm>
Right.  Everyone knows that spammers are brainless morons incapable of
writing the simplest of scripts.  They rely totally on stooges such as
Thomas to provide them with lists of email addresses.
The only answer is to obfuscate email addresses in a predictable manner so
humans can read it and no program could possibly come close to guessing the
real thing.
</sarcasm>

:-)