A sound problem one more time.- THE SOLUTION AT LAST (PLEASE NOTE)

Mikael Larsson mikael.larsson at bredband.net
Thu Feb 14 19:07:06 UTC 2008

Hello
I don't think the 'enable: N' is whats messing snd-hda-intel up.
I tried to run the alsa-info.sh script on my computer wish have two
kernels, one where snd-hda-intel works and one where it dosen't.
They both reported 'enable: N'.

The only difference I could se was that the working kernel also loaded
the snd_seq_dummy module, so I tried to load that manualy on the none
working one but with no luck.

This is the output from the working 2.6.23.9-85.fc8 kernel:
http://pastebin.ca/904073

This is the output from the none working 2.6.23.15-137.fc8 kernel:
http://pastebin.ca/904084