FC8 Kernel Crash, Troubleshooting?

Edward DeMeulle ed at demeulle.org
Fri Feb 15 15:10:02 UTC 2008

My system (straight fc8 install, not an upgrade) has crashed several times,
usually about once a week or week and a half. The only information I have is
what was left on the screen (took photo but can't send attachment to this list).
It doesn't appear that the system has a chance to log anything in /var/log. I
assume that this is a kernel panic however I haven't had to deal with this sort
of issue before. Where should I start to try to ascertain the cause?

--
Edward DeMeulle <ed at demeulle.org>