FC7 and Apache won't start

Mike - W0TMW mikew at crucis.net
Fri Feb 15 22:36:25 UTC 2008

I'm building a server based on FC7 and Apache won't start.  I'm running
out of space on another server and this one is intended as a
replacement.  I've looked through the archives, FAQs and while this
issue is mentioned, that's all I can find---a mention with no help for
resolution.

The error is:

Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to
address 192.168.1.300:80 No listening sockets available, shutting down.
Unable to open logs              [Failed]

I have another webserver that works just fine.  The log directory have
identical owners/groups permissions so there shouldn't a permissions
problem for the logfiles.  Plus the httpd.conf is identical. One works
the other servers doesn't

--
"Lose not thy airspeed lest the ground rises up and smites thee." - Anon.