Fedora Unity release

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Feb 17 03:20:33 UTC 2008

I use jigdo myself and like the way it pulls packages from a list of
servers, so that no one server is stressed with a long download
connection that might be dropped or which might be so busy you can't log
onto it.

The really bad thing about jigdo is that it isn't smart enough by
default to notice that one or more servers consistently have connection
problems, and it keeps hitting them again and again in round-robin
fashion retrying the connection, and that in turn wastes a lot of time.
Jigdo should drop a server after two different sets of two attempts per
set which still fail to connect, and then go on to the next server in
the list.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA