samba remote share feature is broken in F8

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 19:43:58 UTC 2008

2008/2/17 Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com>:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have tried solving this issue on fedoraforum.org and fedora-user
> > lists without sucess.
> >
> > This the case:
> > * samba mount points are defined in /etc/fstab
> > * on bootup they aren't mounted because networkmanager is started too
> > late in init process (in Gnome actually)
> > * if you mount samba shares manually or by starting netfs service then
> > it works
> > * unmounting samba shares doesn't work during reboot and shutdown
> > because NetworkManager service is killed much earlier that netfs
> > service
> >
> It sounds like you are always connected to the same network. If so,
> especially if you are using Ethernet, you would be better off using
> the network service instead of the NetworkManager service to bring
> up the network. You can change this using the System -->
> Administration --> Services menu entry.
>
> As a quick check to see if this will work for you, you can boot to
> run level 3 instead of run level 5. At run level 3, the network
> service is used.
>
> Mikkel
> --

I move around quite a lot, and use different lan and wireless
networks. I need NetworkManager service because of it's easy to use
wireless feature. When I'm at home there I connect to my samba shares
but it would be painfull to switch all the time between network
service and NM service :(

Is there any way to fix this?

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/