webcam and fc8 troubleshooting

sebastian at when.com sebastian at when.com
Sun Feb 17 21:00:02 UTC 2008

Tom Poe wrote:
> I am running fc8, received gift of Quickcam Pro 9000, and need help
> troubleshooting it.  No response coming out of forum, so need to expand
> options.
> I need to run list of commands to identify what is happening, like
> lsusb, etc.  Any help to figure out, whether I'm set up, and camera is
> faulty.
> Tom

Hi,

I own the same camera, but currently I'm using it on another computer.
Have you already had a look at this [1]? I'm not sure whether it works
and I won't guarantee it, but in the future, I might also take a try.

Sebastian

[1]
http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/12/07/howto-logitech-quickcam-pro-9000-with-fedora-8/