desktop comfigure issue??

Khoa Ton khoa at puresynergy.com
Sun Feb 17 22:57:54 UTC 2008

Y Uanlux wrote:
> Hi
> I am using gnome on Fedora 7 (updated to latest versions). One day I
> incidentally deleted many file at my home dir /home/usr1 by a command
> rm -rf *
>
> Of course most files, except some symbolic linked ones and hidden ones
> (eg .jpilot etc), were remove. After rebooted, I put back some
> settings.  However, there is a desktop problem. Every thing created at
> the home dir /home/usr1/ is put on desktop, making the desktop very
> crowed. How to fix it?

What I did when my desktop got messed up and wanted to get back to
the default was to create a new user and logged on at that user.

At logon, the desktop manager creates all the desktop configuration
files.  Then, I renamed the new user's home directory to my old
user's home and move my personal files over.

I'm sure there are more elegant ways to do this, but this is the
surest way to get back to the default desktop environment.

Good luck,
Khoa