truetype fonts in tetex, pdftex, pdflatex

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 03:07:58 UTC 2008

> > Oops, sorry, F8 works okay.  I've been messing about with
> > TeX so much this weekend that I forgot what I'd tried on which
> > machine.
> >
> > Thanks again to you both for your advice.
> >

> It seems I wasn't entirely wrong; this happens when you use LyX,
> as it includes a \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} which messes up font
> expansion.  The work-around appears to be avoiding cm (using
> super-cm, cm-lgc or another font such as lmodern).

I had installed the TexLive testing version and it processed many
documents correctly, but I uninstalled it after several LyX documents
failed.

Can you tell me what you mean about avoiding "cm"?  How?  What do you
mean?  What is super-cm?  I've sometimes inserted this in the preamble
because it is supposed to avoid the "bad fonts in pdf output"

\usepackage{lmodern}

But this did not change the weird output I was getting from TexLive.

PJ

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science