WiFi LAN access, but not WAN access.

Pete Geenhuizen pgeenhuizen at pobox.homeunix.net
Mon Feb 18 23:07:16 UTC 2008

Not sure if this addresses your particular situation, but in my
struggles to get WiFi to work with WPA, with both NDISWRAPPER and the
cursed BCM mess I found this little gem which works for both FC6, F8 and
now I'm on CentOS5 with both ndiswrapper and Madwifi driving an Atheros
PCI card.

The interface comes up @ boot and when I login all is well.  I use
kwifimanager as a quick and dirty method to monitor the WiFi for
connection and speed info.

chkconfig {NetworkManager,NetworkManagerDispatcher,wpa_supplicant} off

add the following to the end of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-wireless

# wsrcc hack start.
# This seems to be the only way to get wpa networking and dhcpclient to work
# properly at boot
if [ ! -S /var/run/wpa_supplicant/$DEVICE ]  ;  then
    wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -i$DEVICE
-Dwext -B
fi
# wsrcc end end

--