kernel-2.6.23.15-137.fc8 freezes my machine

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 01:16:49 UTC 2008

Dear fellow fedora users,

On one of my machines running fedora 8, the new kernel

 kernel-2.6.23.15-137.fc8
freezes my machine.  The previous kernel worked
without any problems that I know of.  A message
appeared about syslogd and it stayed there.  I am
sending this off from slax live cd.  I will reboot
again and see if it works because I removed it and
reinstalled it to see if it makes a difference.

If lspci or smolt profile is needed, I'll gladly send
it.

Regards,

Antonio