Nautilus ogg and mp3 audio preview

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Tue Feb 19 02:20:12 UTC 2008

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 02:26 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
>
>> I just realized that I can preview wav files with Nautilus (sit on the file for
>> a second without clicking) but ogg and mp3 files don't preview.
>>
>> I found some Ubuntu references that said to install mpg321 to enable mp3
>> previews, but I did so and nothing changed.
>>
>> What do I need to install in order to have audio previews for mp3 and ogg files?
>>

> Look for file preferences in your nautilus setup. I use KDE and it's
> there to be configured in Konqueror, so I would assume there is
> something like that there. Just associate the type of file with it's
> application. Mplayer is always a good choice to preview media files
> with. Ric

I recall this same issue. Check to see if pulseaudio is running. Mine is
working and I can only see pulse running that seems to be the only thing
running related to sound. My preview is working fine.

And as a test, I killall'd pulseaudio and now my sound preview fails. I
suspect that's the puppy.

--
Best regards,
Chris

magnetic interferance from money/credit cards