USB Audio Device screwing up onboard audio

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Tue Feb 19 19:57:11 UTC 2008

Oldie but a goodie methinks.  Looks like having a USB audio device(mine
is a ION USB Turntable) connected when rebooting is still hosing up the
audio card detection on system startup.

I have an Intel compatible audio device using snd_intel8x0 on the
motherboard.  To work around this issue, I had to disconnect my USB
audio device, rmmod and modprobe the snd_intel8x0 module and then
reconnect my USB turntable.

I remember something like this issue from at least a year ago, is it
non-trivial to fix?

Sean