command line sms tool

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed Feb 20 15:17:02 UTC 2008

El Miércoles, 20 de Febrero de 2008 16:01, Andrew Kelly escribió:

> Hi Manuel, thanks for that tip. Unfortunately, it's not something that
> I'll be able to use. This is something I'll be running on remote
> machines, that most certainly don't have a cell attached to them.
> In a nutshell, the problem is this: My boss is too cheap to provide a
> pager server, and my cell phone service provider cannot offer me the
> possibility of accepting e-mail on my cell. Basically, all I want to do
> is be notified on my cell by any of my servers, should certain
> conditions arise. Since I can't send an e-mail to my phone, I'd like to
> send and SMS. And I need to be able to script the action, ergo
> command-line.

I see I see, in that case, I guess you might use a sms gateway, where you send
to it an username/password and it sends the sms to whatever number you want,
obviously, you have to pay for this.
I don't know if there's any free sms gateway available, I bet there's but God
knows where...

Manuel.
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.