Recording the desktop using istanbul

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 15:45:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to save the activity of my desktop to a video file using
istanbul. However, after stopping the recording, its icon just shows a
balloon saying "In the process of saving to disk" when I hover the
mouse over it and does nothing more. It doesn't ask me where to save
the file, it does not create any file anywhere I'm aware of and it does
not finishes saving.
Am I missing something here? Is there another software available in
Fedora repositories to record a session to a video file?

Thanks,

Marcelo