OT: Something better than kino?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Feb 21 20:06:48 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> A new Fedora user asked about a replacement for "Sony Vegas Studio 8".
> I suggested to him Kino, but apparently Kino is "to simple". Is there
> anything better out there? Thanks in advance.
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-×’-ד-×”-ו-×–-×—-ט-×™-ך-×›-ל-ם-מ-ן-× -ס-×¢-×£-פ-×¥-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

I am not familiar with Sony Vegas Studio 8.

In the past I have used avidemux and I see that there is a newer version
but I have not found an rpm for Fedora.  I did see an older version on
rpmforge but it is not for current releases.

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Current release - 2008-02-17: 2.4.1, aka r3791

I have also used cinepaint but not lately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CinePaint

--
Robin Laing