Advice for Red Hat/Fedora

Henning Larsen hennlar at start.no
Sat Feb 23 00:41:06 UTC 2008

Sorry about that :(

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 18:24 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Henning Larsen <hennlar at start.no> wrote:
> >  I thought Linux is about openness not lockin like it is now.
>
> No nobody is locking anything. How do you justify calling this
> locking? It's a dependency not a lock.

I actually enjoy running Linux on all my computers, I run F7, F8, F9,
CentOS and ........ ubuntu. I just dont understand why the deps go so
deep. Today I wanted to install Thunar, XFCE's file-manager and it was
dependent on XFCE's Terminal-emulator, why?

I think most Linux-distros is great, but things can be even better.

LinuxLover Henning :)