OT: Problem reading 2GB SD card

Andrew Robinson awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 27 04:42:45 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:19:28 -0500
> Andrew Robinson <awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I doubt this is a Fedora problem. But I was hoping someone on the list
>> could point me to either a solution or a search string.
>
> so you might want to give a separate
> USB reader a shot. (This is with a 2GB SD card as well).

Bingo! Tried an external card reader and I was able to extract all the
images with no problem. Thanks for the help. I feel much better about my
camera and SD cards.

Now here's an interesting question. Before I erased the first card, I
made a byte copy of it (`dd`). When I mount the byte copy with the
loop-back device, it says files are there (as it did on the card).
However, I cannot access the files. Anyone know of any tricks I can use
to access the files? I'd guess I would have to repair the vfat file system.

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson