Cached memory

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Feb 27 15:51:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:40:58 -0800 (PST)
Tom Spec <samag70-ignore at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Is there a kernel parameter or something I can tune to limit the amount of memory that will be used for cache (i.e. 144 in this example)?  Let's say I never wanted that to go past 64.

This isn't an actual answer to your question, but why would you want to do
that?  Otherwise unused memory that's not being used for cache is, well,
unused.  Is there any particular reason why you would not want to use your
system's resources to the fullest extent?