Network Mangler assigns other IP to eth0??

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:57:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 09:34 +0100, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> El Martes, 19 de Febrero de 2008 20:17, Arthur Pemberton escribió:
> >
> > I simply don't use NetworkManager on ethernet connections if I don't
> > have the time to do troubleshooting.
>
> You hit the nail on the head

This begs the question, what the hell is it good for? Maybe it would be
better to jerk the thing out by the roots like a Mandrake, kicking and
screaming, and be done with it. I dinked with all of my NFS mounts in my
localnet until I broke everything, on all of my machines, REAL GOOD(tm)!
Then I found the wonky eth0 address on my server. I appreciate being on
the cutting edge, I just abhor getting an ass-beating to something
mission critical like everyday networking.

My first fear was that I was root-kitted via my stinking 56k modem, that
only runs reliably at 28.8, and that someone had way too much time on
their hands! <grimaces> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar