How to build an apache webserver

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:02:20 UTC 2008

Randy Easley wrote:
> I could use some help building an apache web server from the ground up.
> I am very new to this idea, but I have no choice. I want the best web
> server and all I've heard is apache.
>
> Can someone please assist me with a website or "dumy" instructions on
> how to do this?

Fedora includes apache.  If you don't have it already, just:
yum install httpd httpd-devel
and
chkconfig httpd on
service httpd start

But if you are going to run this for serious production, I'd use RHEL or
CentOS instead of fedora so you don't have to do frequent OS version
updates with the associated stability risks.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com