Group for screen command.

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Feb 27 19:03:50 UTC 2008

Konstantin Svist wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>> Konstantin Svist wrote:
>>>>

>>> I'm running it just fine as a normal user. There's a group called
>>> screen, but I don't seem to be a member.
>>> What error do you see when you try to run it?
>>>

>> This is what I get:
>>
>>> Cannot open your terminal '/dev/pts/5' - please check.
>>

> See if this helps:
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/problem-using-screen-cannot-open-your-terminal-devpts0-please-check.-338313/

Now that's interesting. I didn't google it thinking it was simply a
needed group addition.  What I don't get is why 1 FC6 server works and
one doesn't.  I can su into one user on a server and have no problems,
but can't the same user on a different server.  Hmm.

Thanks for the link though.  It does help.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support