Video interference & slow running solved but...

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Feb 27 23:25:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:41:43 -0500
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:

> Did you try selecting system->preferences->screen_resolution and looking
> at what was available there?

That was one of the first things I checked, actually.  I had a choice of
resolutions, but the largest on the list was 1400x1050.

I ultimately broke down and installed the proprietary ATI drivers from the
Livna repository and everything just worked by magic after that.  Installing
the drivers and rebooting the computer was all it took.