Problem with hard drive lock out

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Feb 28 18:06:07 UTC 2008

Henning Larsen wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 23:49 -0500, Mark LaPierre wrote:
>> Well, it's been 24 hours and no reply.  Am I asking too hard a
>> question?  Maybe I should post this to a different list?
>>
> I think your harddrive is dying, try to backup what you need, and
> install and format the drives, maybe change them.
>
> Henning

I will agree with this but I would also check the power supply voltages.
  I had a drive that would keep shutting down but none of the other
drives had any issues.  Turned out to be the power supply outside of
specs.  The sensors said things were okay but using a volt meter showed
the voltages were at the lower limits.

Give people time to think about the question.

--
Robin Laing