cups 1.3.6-2 printer no longer prints

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 29 03:42:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:56:10 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> After running "yum update" last night and getting, among other things, an
> update to the above version of cups, one of my printers no longer works.
>
> I have a Samsung ML-1210 connected via the parallel port to a machine running
> F8/x86_64.  After the update, I can no longer get anything to print.

I'm starting to wonder if my printer has folded its tent, and the cups update
was just a coincidence.

I downloaded  cups-1.3.5-3.fc8.x86_64.rpm, cups-libs-1.3.5-3.fc8.i386.rpm,
cups-devel-1.3.5-3.fc8.x86_64.rpm and  cups-libs-1.3.5-3.fc8.x86_64.rpm and did
"rpm -Uvh --oldpackage cups*" and that printer is still not doing anything.

My HP colour laser printer on another computer with F8 and the latest cups
update is still printing properly, so it might just be that my old Samsung has
died.  I suppose I shall have to run to the computer store tomorrow and
purchase another printer....