F8 drivers for ASUS EeePC?? -- Did it or didn't it.

Beartooth Sciurivore beartooth at swva.net
Fri Feb 29 19:46:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:58:00 +0000, I Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:
	[snipperoo]
> Lo and behold, it's doing it! I'm in process of upgrading now.
>
> 	Lish me wuck! Bushels, barrels, carloads of it! Wiv a wittle bit
> o' bloomin' wuck, I can start configuring, even if only by ethernet
> cable. And download a wireless driver, or maybe even get one, free as
> usual, with my next update.

	The upgrade finished; pirut tried to launch -- and failed to
connect. Service network restart gets as far as trying to bring up eth0,
then reports failure : "3c501 device eth0 does not seem to be present,
delaying initialization."

	Is that still the driver problem, or ...?
--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Evangelist
Fedora 8; Ubuntu 7.10; CentOS 5.1; Alpine 1.0, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6