java again really

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Jan 4 20:07:05 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:
>>    I would like to know what a jpackage is. It is a project to do
>>
>  what?
>
>> Showing my lack of understanding on something important to java I
>>
>  expect.
>
>> Karl
>>

>> --
>>
>>    Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>>   Linux User
>>    #450462   http://counter.li.org.
>>   PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C  ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7
>>
>> --
>>

> Why should you use Jpackage?/What is Jpackage?
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/flozano/archive/2005/12/if_you_use_linu.html
>

> Regards,
>
> Antonio

    Hi and thank you. Well it didn't go into detail but it appears the
Jpackage is a rpm made from the Sun Inc. package. But it somehow looses
it's ownership by Sun Inc. I guess this is a tricky thing to do.

    Looking at F8 there is a rpm for F8 that includes the current
built-in Java. For some reason there is a need for iced-tea. This is not
part of that writing.

But it does not seem to work as well as installing the jre from the Sun
web site and say yes to their demands :-)
Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User