Mailman 2.1.5-10.FC2 Problem; Probably sendmail-related

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Jan 6 17:22:46 UTC 2008

> I'm posting from FC2, so I'm not going to have a go at you still using FC2,
> but I think you should have taken advantage of Fedora legacy before it shut
> down. there were a lot of security updates provided by it, including
> sendmail.
>
> I have a copy of the latest sendmail security update from Fedora legacy if you
> want it (sendmail-8.12.11-4.26.legacy). Also there is a later kernel from
> Fedora legacy, but I can't e-mail that, as it's too big
> (2.6.10-2.3.legacy_FC2 , but if you have somewhere I can upload it to, I will
> do.
>
> I may well be wrong, but I think I'd fire up ps auxw on the CLI, find out the
> PID's of the sendmail processes that are running, kill them, and then restart
> sendmail, and see if the problem persists.

Thanks, I will think about this. I'm starting to think I need to have a
Fedora 8 server.

Meanwhile, I did an 'ls /var/spool' and got the following output. Look
at the monster 20,660,224 size given for the mqueue directory below!
Does this mean I have a massively sized mail queue? I can cd inside it
but I cannot list the directory. What could be happening here, is there
any way to fix this problem? Perhaps it got corrupted at some time in
the past?

drwxr-xr-x   3 root   root       4096 Jun  6  2004 mailman
drwx------   2 root   mail   20660224 Jan  6 12:13 mqueue
drwxr-xr-x   2 rpm    rpm        4096 Dec 28  2004 repackage

Bob