OT: Apple list?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 23:58:17 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 06/01/2008, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
>> Apple, like Microsoft has a support web site and offers direct support
>> consistent with the fact that they are revenue based and that is the
>> part of why you use a proprietary OS, for their support.
>
> Yeah, right. My father uses some version or another of Windows XP. He
> had to pay $39 for a full year's support just to email a human that
> would help him configure his HP printer. That is on top of the $$$ for
> the OS. Windows (I don't know about Mac) comes with installation
> support free, and no more. Much like a crack dealer.
>
> I just looked, and it seems that the price has since gone up 50%:
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=16&y=16&prid=3219&gprid=37013

With apple, you pretty much have to buy applecare to even get anyone to
talk about defective hardware after the ridiculously short 90 day
warranty or to get any support beyond the free web forum.

But, it isn't so much about the cost as whether the machine is working
for you or you are working to make the machine do anything.  Macs tend
to "just work".

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com