Handy pocket reference? To: For users of Fedora

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Jan 12 01:47:53 UTC 2008

  Re: Handy pocket reference? To: For users of Fedora
<fedora-list at redhat.com> Message-ID:
<1200093689.16823.5.camel at brians-laptop> Content-Type: text/plain On
Fri, 2008-01-11 at 18:02 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
 > > Sitting at my misconfigured system today trying to remember
 > > the "remount" option to mount so I could remount root as read/write
 > > and fix the fstab, it occured to me that the world could really
 > > use a small pocket reference guide with all the tidbits of
 > > information you need to know to get your computer back to the
 > > point where you can do google searches to find the rest of what you
 > > meed to know  :-) .
 > >
 > > Anyone know if such a thing exists?

In order to get back up and running, I rely on a business-card sized CD,
with Rescue is Possible. It runs from the CD and mounts your entire
messed up drive, on /mnt so you can fix it. And if I cannot remember
'what', I can look it up, because, without google linux is
impossible...as someone said..

BTW, I have at least 3 of those CD's...one at home, one at work, and one
in my briefcase, next to where the laptop rides...

Geoff